Types of Applications
- downloaded by the user (typically from the App Store or Google Play) and installed directly onto their mobile device
- once installed, the user can launch the app from a shortcut on their phone
- similar to responsive, mobile friendly websites
- designed to work in modern browsers
- designed to work on any device/size/browser (mobile phones, tablets, laptops, desktops, televisions, kiosks)
- a user can simply visit a URL in their web browser and the app will start
I can't decide, which one should I pick?
Don't worry! Remember with
one set of code, you can deploy your app across a wide variety of devices, browsers and app stores.
It's recommended you start with the DrupalGap 8 Hello World to get a feel for building a simple web app.
Once you're feeling adventurous, try compiling the app to your mobile device.